Christian Cleberg is an internal audit and data analytics specialist with experience in the insurance, financial services, and retail industries. In addition to my accounting knowledge, I have three years of education in computer programming.
Connect with me!
IT Staff Auditor
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Apr 2020 - Present
Returning to Ameritas has given me the opportunity to focus on auditing IT in a mutually-held company, contrary to my previous role at a public company. For now, I am leading a project to expand the department's data analytics abilities into a fully-funcitonal program, able to implement ad-hoc analytics, continuous assurance, and intelligent visualizations into the audit and consulting processes. This is a project I began as an intern in 2018 before I worked at Nelnet by moving the department from ACL to Python. Additionally, I have received the ACS and ALMI designations from LOMA, as well as completed the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate specialization.
IS Auditor II
Dec 2019 - Apr 2020
Being promoted to the IS Auditor II role allowed me to emphasize the skills I already had while expanding upon new skills. With this promotion, I became a main piece of all the audit phases: risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting, and remediation. I also helped develop an internal data analytics program that assisted the department with tracking and reporting on processes and KPIs. Lastly, it's important to note that an important part of the job is to develop meaningful relationships with clients and promote the image of internal audit throughout the organization.
IS Auditor I
Jun 2019 - Dec 2019
Working with Nelnet, I have been able to experience a more technical and government compliance side of internal audit. Working at a financial and technological services company has given me experience working with advanced network systems, SOX compliance testing, as well as SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports. In addition to government compliance, I have been working with advancing data analytics and embedding them within the audit process. Being able to use data analytics within various parts of the audit process allows auditors the chance to test more of the data and provide better insights to the clients. However, I have only been at Nelnet a short time and can't wait for more!
Internal Audit Intern
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Feb 2018 - Jun 2019
While working as an Internal Auditor for Ameritas, I was able to experience every part of the internal auditing process. My position allowed me to develop more risk analysis, data analytics, statistics, and automated aspects to include within the departmental processes. Working at Ameritas, I was able to find audit experiences from all aspects of the insurance industry, including physical access, HIPAA compliance, information system design and access, as well as all parts of selling and maintaining life insurance and financial service products.
University of Nebraska
Aug 2017 - May 2018
During my time at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, I was offered the opportunity to help my professor, Dr. Amber Messersmith, teach Business Writing. I was able to help students overcome problems with various assignments related to business writing, such as memos, letters, emails and other skills one may need in the professional world. This experience helped cement my understanding with professional writing styles.
Community Management Intern
Jun 2017 - Feb 2018
Working as a community management intern for Walgreens helped me experience the busy and demanding life of running a retail store. I worked at the busiest Walgreens in Lincoln, NE and was able to fully appreciate the demands of customer service when you are needed in three places at once. This job included customer service, employee training, inventory systems, pharmaceutical services, and more!
01 - Cybersecurity
- Threat and vulnerability management
- Cybersecurity governance
- Third-party risk assessments
- Application security control
- Identity access management
02 - Data Science
- Data extraction, loading, and transformation
- Data validation
- Build models and algorithms
- Identify data patterns and trends
- Visualize and report data
03 - Technology
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- HTML, CSS, JS
04 - Miscellaneous
- Client relationship management
- Industry research
- Team building
- Management and mentoring
- Department evaluation and innovation
- Professional communication
Data Visualization: World Choropleth Map of Happiness
Utilize Python and Folium to generate a world choropleth map that can display world happiness rankings, as well as other country statistics.Read →
Updated @ Sep 29, 2020
Updated @ Oct 20, 2020
A simple dark-themed blog built using Markdown, PHP, MySQL, and Bootstrap.
Updated @ Oct 12, 2020
Color Generator provides an easy way to create color palettes, save them in your browser, or download as images.
Updated @ Sep 26, 2020
This repository contains various data files and scientific analyses in languages such as Python.
Updated @ Oct 08, 2020
Lincoln Incidents is an interactive timeline to view crime statistics of Lincoln, Nebraska from 1990 - 2020.
Updated @ Aug 08, 2020
Planets Wiki allows you to explore the planets of our solar system, browse NASA images, or learn the history of space missions.
Updated @ Sep 02, 2020
Sandbox is a showcase of web apps built as a form of personal education/training.
Looking for my
- Competition: People exceptionally talented in the Competition theme measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.
- Analytical: People exceptionally talented in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all of the factors that might affect a situation.
- Intellection: People exceptionally talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
- Deliberative: People exceptionally talented in the Deliberative theme are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate obstacles.
- Consistency: People exceptionally talented in the Consistency theme are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They crave stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.